Tuesday, December 2, 2008

quite some time

Uh, how the hell did so much time go by?

This part of the semester always boggles my mind -- it never ceases to astound me how quickly the days zip by, and how much more work I have to do by the time I go to bed.  I suppose it's just one of those instances where you have to pay homage to the clocks of the world for keeping track of precious time, and continue on with your work.

As a brief recap of the past few weeks:

Halloween very definitely ended.  
Obamarama took place, followed by the exclamations of "YAY!" and "Oh, shit."
And of course, Thanksgiving took vengeance on all of our stomachs.  Since there are only a few days left in the semester, I decided to stay in Syracuse for Turkey Day . . . and cook.  A privilege I've never before enjoyed on Thanksgiving.  Here are a few pictures of my festivities:
It was disgustingly and painfully delicious.  All of it.  

But I did very little work.  Actually, that's a blatant lie.  I did no work.  None.

Therefore, the next 2 weeks are going to be sleepless, highly caffeinated and strung out no doubt.  I'm flying home to Chicago for the first break since early May (discounting the last week, of course).  My time there is pretty much solely dedicated to working on my book, independent study, and agency research.  Most of which can be done from my bed.

I'm playing with the idea of hiring a nurse to deliver daily sponge baths so I truly never have to leave my bed, but I'm leaning towards not actually doing it -- there is a certain enjoyment derived from showering, no?  I think I can carve out 20 minutes/day in my agenda of nothingness to cleanse my slumbering body.

Best of luck on any other ends of semesters out there, and enjoy exercising your consumer right to spend money like drunken sailors on embracing the tackiness of the holidays!

Cheers!

No comments: